Yesterday, the work of the ITAP committee was presented to the Senior Staff for ratification. Great dialog; great feedback. You can find a copy of the charts at the following link: http://www.grinnell.edu/offices/its/itap. I wanted to share the highlights of the meeting with you:
- Complete ratification of the ITAP Committee's work. Agreement to proceed to the next phase with five selected projects (Alumni email, Online Registration/eAdvising, Student Retention Alert, Data Warehouse)
- Significant discussion and interest, primarily led by President Kington, to move up the date of Online Registration
- Much interest in having us look at teleconferencing...with the understanding that our agenda is full with the projects cited above
- Interest in having a copy of the full list of projects
- Discussion (Joe Bagnoli) about the importance of web analytics for recruitment. Joe will create a paper on this topic
- Hi interest expressed in document imaging
I am very grateful to the ITAP committee. Their contribution has been strong. The process is working as we intended.
Next steps: we in ITS will create project charters for each of the above initiatives (the "5") and come back to Sr. Staff with a funding request and project plan.
I think that we will take a few months hiatus from meeting as a committee. We are in the phase of getting these projects kicked off.
From my perspective, the ITAP Committee has made a serious difference to Grinnell College as they have prioritized the initiatives for ITS.