Attending were: Todd Linden and Shelley Floyd (Trustees), Keith Brouhle, John Kalkbrenner, President Kington, Susan Schoen, Jim Swartz, Angela Voos, Jon Case-Minners and myself.
Discussion (questions) centered around data warehouse, cloud computing, and generally "how are we doing in ITS?"
Our overall message was:
- Data warehouse: we have created a white paper: "Grinnell College, Becoming a Data Driven Organization, Analytics and Decision Making". This paper will be presented to the President over the next week
- Cloud computing: a practical idea; the economics need to come down a bit; bandwidth costs in rural Iowa create unique transport challenges; some topics, like Google email need to be explored this FY
- Maturity is a process. It is about continuously moving the ball downfield
- Grinnell looks like most all other colleges our size. They all face similar frustrations and similar growth topics. We don't own this space...
- The ITS team is competent, highly engaged, and cares greatly